Liver and biliary surgery is a multidisciplinary speciality that involves the specialised management of liver and biliary diseases. The team of experts consisting of surgeons, radiologists, interventionists, endoscopists, hepatologists, anesthesiologists and pathologists follow a patient-centric approach to treat patients with malignant tumours of the stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, liver, gallbladder, bile duct, and duodenum.
Some of the best Gastroenterology hospitals in Delhi offer comprehensive care using state-of-the-art technology to patients who need to undergo hepatic, biliary, pancreatic, and digestive surgeries. are done by professional surgeons, especially in the case of cancers.
When to undergo gastrointestinal tract surgery and Hepatobiliary Surgery:
People undergo GI and hepatobiliary surgery when they are diagnosed with the following problems:
- Cancers of the oesophagus
- Benign diseases of the stomach and oesophagus (reflux)
- Cancers of the intestine:
- Hail cancer
- Colon cancer
- Rectum cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease:
- Crohn’s disease and
- Ulcerative hemorrhagic ulcer
- Proctology (haemorrhoids, fistula),
- Disorders of anal continence
- Liver, bile duct, and pancreas surgery
- Liver cancer:
- Primary liver cancer
- Liver metastasis
- Diseases of the biliary ducts:
- Cancers of the biliary ducts
- Swelling of the abdomen and legs
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Easy bleeding with small wounds
- Difficulty breathing
- Constant satiation sensation
- Sleep problems (too much or too little)
- Skin and yellow eyes (jaundice)
- The confusion that goes and returns suddenly
- Pain in the upper right side of the abdomen after high-fat foods
- Pain in the back or left shoulder
- Nausea and vomiting
What approaches are used to treat the Complications?
The laparoscopic approach for Surgical Gastroenterology is a minimally invasive technique, allows interventions to be performed by creating a working space by blowing carbon dioxide into the abdominal cavity and introducing a camera and the various instruments by one or more orifices. This technique routinely applies to surgery of the vesicle, hernias, colon, and rectum.
The GI & Hepatobiliary Surgery is a highly complex procedure that requires specific high-tech instruments, such as the ultrasonic dissector, sophisticated coagulation, intraoperative ultrasound, etc. to carry out the procedure efficiently and safely. That is why it should only be performed in specialised centres by experienced Gastroenterology Surgery doctors in Delhi who follow a multidisciplinary framework were surgeons, oncologists, hepatologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, etc. participate jointly in developing the best treatment plan for the patient..
The indication of this technique is based on criteria related to the tumour (size <3cm and localisation), the non-tumoural (cirrhosis) liver and the patient himself (age, general condition, other pathologies). It is an alternative to conventional hepatectomy surgery which involves heat-destroying the tumour by passing an electromagnetic current of 500 Hs through an electrode. This electrode is placed in the tumour by pricking through the liver and guiding itself with ultrasound.
A bile duct obstructed by numerous calculations or a tumour barrier on the bile ducts without the possibility of ablation of the tumour. There are several types of biliodigestive anastomosis,
- The simplest is the choledo – duodenal anastomosis. One of
- The most classical is the choledochal-jejunal anastomosis on the Y bend
The choice is guided by the type of pathology and the local conditions.
- Minimise the death rate
- Treat the acute complications of GI and liver
- Make the infection rate 0 for patients
- Provide 360-degree clinical services to the patients
Achieve these aims with the best GI and Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospitals in India
The digestive surgery team at the Hospital is composed of certified surgeons, who perform all gastrointestinal procedures, either through conventional hospitalisation or outpatient hospitalization.
Within the team, each surgeon has a more accurate activity (complex colorectal, hepato-biliary and pancreatic, bariatric, endocrine), which allows the patient to benefit from the best management for his pathology, the surgeons with exclusive specialities and extensive experience.
The management of digestive cancers is one of the “excellent” undertakings of the speciality. It is organised by a medical-surgical team (oncologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, nuclear doctors) Healthcare (psychologist, social worker, ERI) and Para-medical (stoma nurse), which shall regularly consult to offer the best psychological and therapeutic management of the patient.