Nutrition and Dietetics play a pivotal role in promoting overall health and aiding patients in their journey towards recovery from various diseases, illnesses, and medical conditions. The relationship between what we eat and how our bodies respond to illness is an essential aspect of healthcare that is often overlooked. The Department of Dietetics and Nutrition at Venkateshwar Hospital strives to support patients during their healing process and improve their quality of life.
Dietary services here involves three distinct categories:
A. Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Promotes individualized medical nutrition therapy in a multidisciplinary approach as a means to optimize patient care.
- Prevents or minimizes the presence of malnutrition that often accompanies acute or chronic diseases.
- Provides effective nutrition education to patients and family members in a variety of patient care settings.
- Offers Nutritional Services and counselling for IPD and OPD patients.
- Nutritional Management of diverse patient groups such as:
- Critically ill patients requiring specialized nutritional support.
- Patients dealing with lifestyle diseases such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Metabolic Syndrome, Cardiac Problems, etc.
- Patients recuperating post-surgery and infections.
- Individuals requiring nutritional care during special life phases such as Pregnancy, Lactation, Old age, etc.
- Patients with specific conditions viz. Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Malabsorption Syndromes.
- Weight Management.
B. Food Service Management
- The Dietary department of Venkateshwar is the first hospital in southwest Delhi to be certified as "Eat Right Campus" with a five-star rating based on food safety & hygiene standards.
- Menus are developed with the chief dietitian to help the patient select the right food according to the medical condition.
- The patient's choice is given priority by regularly updating the menu and offering various seasonal options.
C. Teaching & training
- It also offers a platform to students to enroll themselves for internship in the dietary department.
- Our eminent team of professional Nutritionist specializes in fabricating personalized diet plans to help you achieve your health goals. Book your consultation today and unlock the benefits of optimal nutrition.