Making smart food and nutrition choices is a necessary
part of our daily life.
The Department of Dietetics and Nutrition at Venkateshwar Hospitals, Dwarka:
- Promotes individualised medical nutrition therapy in
a multidisciplinary approach as a means to optimise
- Prevents or minimises the presence of malnutrition
that often accompanies acute or chronic diseases.
- Provides effective nutrition education to patients and
family members in a variety of patient care settings.
- Functions as an integral component in support of
education and research in collaboration with the
- Provides ongoing education in all aspects of Nutrition.
The Department of Dietetics & Nutrition offers Nutritional Services and Counselling for Inpatients and Outpatients. The department has highly trained nutritionists with experience in the management of diverse patient groups viz.
- Neonates and paediatrics
- Critically ill patients requiring specialised nutrition support
- Patients dealing with terminal Illnesses and Lifestyle diseases (Diabetes, Hypertension, Metabolic Syndromes, Cardiac Problems)
- Patients recuperating post-surgery and infections
- Patients requiring Medical Nutrition Therapy for GI Diseases, Kidney Disorders, Endocrine Disorders, Lung Diseases, Hepato-Biliary Disorders.
- Individuals requiring Nutrition Care during special life-phases such as Pregnancy, Lactation, Old age, Disabilities Altering Nutritional intake.
- Patients with specific conditions viz. Allergies, Lactose Intolerance and Malabsorption syndromes.
- Weight management
Our Nutritionists work in close coordination with the Doctors, Clinical and Nursing Teams to ensure that patients receive appropriate Nutritional support at all times. Patient-focused quality care is the center of everything for the department.