Neurosurgery is the medical science that studies diseases that affect the nervous system and require surgical treatment at some point in its evolution. Therefore, it has a very close connection with Neurology, since many of the diseases to be studied and treated is common to both specialties.
Surgical treatment is performed in particular places of the Neurosurgery hospital in Delhi, requiring an infrastructure of operating rooms, anesthesia and resuscitation, as well as intensive care units, which are also shared with other surgical and medical specialties.
But also, it needs additional human resources and hospital infrastructure that are provided by other specialties or subspecialties about the nervous system. Together they form the group of Clinical Neurosciences.
Why choose a neurosurgeon?
* Neurosurgeons are trained in diseases of the nervous system including the spine, skull base, paranasal sinuses, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. They complete their residence of 6 years with training in other specialties such as neurology, neuro-anesthesia, neuro-intensive, neuro-traumatology, neuroradiology, neurovascular among others.
* Neurosurgeons are the only doctors who treat the entire spine including the spinal cord and its nerve roots.
* Neurosurgery has one of the longest training periods of any medical specialty due to the extreme complexity of the nervous system and the advanced techniques used in neurosurgical interventions.
* The neurosurgeon is trained in minimally invasive treatments.
In Best Neurology Hospital in Delhi, the existence and correct operations of the multitude of specialties are necessary. Its quality of care will have a direct impact on the quality and scientific level of Neurosurgery itself. Among these specialties, it should be noted:
NEUROLOGY (NRL): It is the specialty in charge of the study and treatment of diseases of the nervous system. The field is broad, ranging from clinical diagnosis and medical treatment of prevalent diseases such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, headaches, cerebral infarction.
NEUROPHYSIOLOGY: Clinical Neurophysiology (NFC) is defined as a medical specialty that is based on the knowledge of basic Neurosciences, aims at the functional exploration of central, peripheral and autonomic NS, using highly specialized technology for diagnostic purposes, prognosis and therapeutic orientation.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic management of patients with neurological disease, often in collaboration with other services such as neuroradiology, neurosurgery, neurorehabilitation, and internal medicine specialty services.
- Patients can either be hospitalized or treated as outpatients. In the latter case, patients are referred by their attending physician to the referral consultations (specialized unit), or by day hospitalization with the prior programming of the treatment.
Best neurology hospitals have the following equipment available:
- Inpatient room
- Surgical ICU
- Operating rooms
- External consultation
- Neuroanatomy laboratory
Functional units – lines of activity:
- Neurobiology and Brain Tumor Surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Endoscopic surgery of the pituitary gland
- Cerebral vascular surgery
- Cranioencephalic injury
- Parkinson’s surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Pain Surgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Surgery of the plexus and peripheral nerves
Venkateshwar Hospital supports adult patients suffering from central or peripheral nervous system disorders. We have a range of Best Neurologists at the hospital deal with stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, headaches, brain tumors, diseases affecting intellectual functions and genetic diseases.